Friday, February 27, 2015

IF YOU KEEP BEES . . .KEEP ONE OF THESE

If you keep bees, it is great to be proactive when it comes to potential allergic reactions to bee stings.

Keeping an Epi-Pen on hand could help save someone's life.   


Mylan Specialty makes it very economical by again, in 2015, providing a coupon for a $0 co-pay. This makes these somewhat expensive auto-inject pens FREE!

I was skeptical but used this co-pay card last year at CVS without any hassles.  

During the time frame when I'm actively working with the bees, I keep an Epi-Pen in my bee toolkit and another near the honey house.  I haven't had to use it but it gives me piece of mind to know it is there.

A PRESCRIPTION IS REQUIRED.  So, talk to your doctor the next time you visit. Also talk to your doctor about the difference between a localized reaction and a systemic reaction, and other individualized cases which could indicate whether to use or not use the Epi-Pen.  Knowing this important information just might save someone's life.



No comments:

Post a Comment